BOARD OF EDUCATION
The Board of Education fosters and promotes Christian education on all levels within the congregation. It is responsible particularly for the Sunday School, Preschool, Youth Group and for all other agencies of Christian education within the congregation. The Sunday School and Vacation Bible Saturdays offer special opportunities for service to members of the congregation.
Joe Keske - Chairman
The purpose of the Board of Education is to glorify God by providing Christian Educational Programs and resources that assists members of all ages to learn the Word of God, experience the joy of faith in Jesus Christ and response to God's grace with a life of love and service in the church and the world.
1. To assist the pastor in coordinating the programs of Christian Education and training for both adults and youth.
2. To establish policies for, and oversee the implementation of, the educational programs of the congregation.
3. To care for the workers assisting the board in carrying out its objectives.
4. To encourage the increasing participation of every congregational member in bible study, both privately and corporately.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Shall be empowered to administer the funds set aside for its work by budge appropriation. The Church Counsel and voter's assembly may restrict such expenditures to conform to the actual financial condition of the congregation.
2. Shall be authorized to spend up to 5% in excess of the boards total approved budget in the case of an emergency; any other expenditures in excess requires a special resolution of the Church Counsel or voter's assembly.
3. Report regularly to the congregation.
4. Has oversite responsibility for; Youth Group, Vacation Bible School, Sunday School, Library and Preschool.
5. Appoint / approve the Sunday School Superintendent, VBS Director and Youth Group Leader, Librarian, in consultation with the Pastor.
6. Prepare an annual budget for the congregation's educational needs.
7. Enlist, train, and place teachers and leaders as the congregation's needs require, and offer teacher training on a regular basis.
8. Maintain, improve, and cultivate the use of the Church Library.
9. Study and adapted suggested recommendations by the education departments of the synod, district and circuit.
10. Acknowledge, support and encourage volunteers and paid employees who assist in carrying out objects.
11. Use available resources to provide information about available educational opportunities to the congregation.
Faith Lutheran Church
4009 Irving St
Marinette, WI 54143
Or use our contact form.
Join us for Sunday School and Bible Study
Vacation Bible Saturday
May 19, 2018
8:30 - 9:00- Registration
9:00 to 11:30- Program